Position: TheGamer- Video Game Strategy Guide Writer (Remote)
The editorial team at TheGamer are looking for writers with keen eyes and excellent communication skills to write guides for our audience. A good video game guide should be concise and provide gamers with exactly the information they're looking for, as well as a reason to keep coming back to us for more info down the road.
The Gaming Guide Writer will be responsible for researching new games and finding topics that would make worthwhile guides and then writing those guides articles in a prompt manner. We require writers who are driven to succeed, have a way with words, and keep up with what's trending in the world of gaming. We're looking for original, informative, and eye-catching articles.
- Write 1 article (500-1,000 words) daily.
- Work under tight deadlines and submit articles for publication on time.
- Pitch regular guide content and research popular games.
- Research and source topics proficiently.
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 samples of written work covering gaming news
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Broad knowledge of gaming history and culture.
- A solid grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate niche ideas to a wide audience
- Experience with WordPress is an asset.
- Experience in SEO practices.
The hiring team at TheGamer will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
**This is a work from home position**