Collider is looking for an eager and talented Freelance TV/Movie Feature Writer to join the Features team.
Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We deliver the biggest, most important industry happenings, and provide deep analysis and sharp commentary through interviews, reviews, and much more.
We require writers who are driven to succeed, have a way with words, and keep up with what's trending in the world of pop culture. We're looking for original, informative, and eye-catching articles.
As a daily feature writer, you will be writing articles that provide more in-depth analysis on a variety of topical events, shows or people in the entertainment industry. Collider covers a wide range of these topics, including (but not limited to): the Marvel and DC fandoms, television shows and movies related to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video (and beyond), and everything in the world of gaming. If you share a passion for TV/Movies, a love of writing, and a willingness to learn then please apply.
- Contribute a minimum of 15 feature articles per month.
- Work under tight deadlines and submit tasks on time.
- Able to maintain a contracted freelance schedule.
- Reporting to various Editors and implementing feedback efficiently.
- Adherence to a style guide.
- Cover Letter.
- Please provide 2-3 samples of previously written work covering TV/Movie features.
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing.
- Ability to source information/news from different websites
- Broad knowledge of TV/Movie history and culture.
- A solid grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate niche ideas to a wide audience.
- Experience with WordPress is an asset.
The hiring team at Valnet will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: https://collider.com/**This is a contracted, work from home, freelance position**