MedPage Today is a trusted medical news service for health professionals. Our award-winning journalists bring you daily specialty news, investigative reports, features, and multimedia stories. Internships offer mentorship in health journalism and the chance to establish a portfolio of published articles. Interns in our newsroom contribute to coverage of medical specialties and health policy.
This year, the paid summer internship will be conducted virtually. Circumstances allowing, the intern may have the opportunity to accompany staff covering an in-person medical conference, a press conference, or a federal agency hearing.
- Write at least two articles per week
- Draft posts on social media
- Learn and utilize internal content management system
- Attend team video calls
- Demonstrated interest in health or journalism
- Self-starter mindset
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a remote work environment
- Availability from May/June 2021 through August 2021
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by April 1.