About Your Role:
As a freelance commerce update editor for TripSavvy, you will review and revise existing commerce articles in our content management system in order to elevate user experience. Update commerce editors must commit to 20 hours weekly. The rate for this role ranges from $23 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- You will research and perform revisions or updates to commerce content directly in our content management system as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines.
- In some cases you will use your editorial instinct to independently assess what work is necessary on a piece of commerce content before performing an update.
- You will fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates.
- You have a strong background in travel writing and commerce content with current industry knowledge and relationships. You’re always on top of new trends and products. Experience covering luggage, purses, backpacks, toiletry cases, or travel accessories is a plus, but not required.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently and accurately.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.