Bustle is seeking a remote part-time writer to cover wellness. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing original reported wellness stories (both short turnaround and longer lead), evergreen service content, and trend pieces on topics like sleep, stress, nutrition, and fitness. Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this feature on self-care methods for activists, this service piece on stress dreams, and this trend story on Apple Watch tracking features. A passion for wellness and an innate ability to trendspot in the field are crucial.
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and cite peer-reviewed studies. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Senior Lifestyle & Beauty Editor throughout their shift.
- Write 6-8 500-word stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Stay up to date on the latest health research, wellness trends, and influential thought leaders to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years’ experience covering health and wellness topics at an online publication
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
- Comfort covering sensitive topics
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.