Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover viral moments, social media and tech (think iPhones and Instagram), and holidays for Bustle’s Life vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing. Coverage includes holiday gift guides, explaining how a viral TikTok trend works, how to use the latest Instagram feature, and the occasional brief around Starbucks’ latest drink.
The ideal candidate is creative, familiar with the Bustle voice, and able to produce high-quality, accurate copy in a fast-paced environment. Having an established list of PR contacts is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to remotely work Wednesday and Thursday during business hours EST. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Associate Lifestyle Editor throughout their shift.
- Submit clean, accurate, well-sourced, and authoritative copy in a timely fashion and accept feedback
- A knack for writing with voice and flair
- Follow Bustle style, writing/reporting guidelines, and SEO best practices
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
- 2+ years of experience in writing for online publications
- Pitch on-brand story ideas daily
- Write 3-4 stories daily comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Track down sources and conduct interviews
- Maintain correspondence with editor throughout shift
- Manage multiple articles at a time, switching between topics when necessary
- Stay up-to-date on the latest viral and social media trends
- Update existing holiday and tech content
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.