The editorial team at Katherine Tegen Books is seeking a summer intern to provide administrative and editorial support. Katherine Tegen Books publishes high-quality, commercial literature for children of all ages, including teens.
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid, remote, 10-week program which runs from June 7th through August 13th. All interns work 28 hours per week. As a HarperCollins intern, you will learn about the entire publishing process - following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in our weekly Speaker Series. There are plenty of opportunities to network with your fellow interns, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called “How to Get a Job in Publishing” – offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking. The recruitment team is searching for applicants who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to – applications without cover letters will not be considered.
You can submit up to five different cover letters at a time by uploading them to your profile and naming them after the positions.
- Reads first draft manuscripts under contract and provides editorial notes.
- Reads manuscript submission and writes reports.
- Drafts rejection letters for submissions.
- Drafts jacket copy.
- Assists with social media accounts.
- Attends imprint meetings for editorial and design.
- Must be looking for a full-time role/eligible to work in a full-time capacity in 2021/2022
- Applicants must be eligible to work and be paid in the United States
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign
- Strong analytical reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Is passionate about children's books
- Applications MUST have a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Note: The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EDT on Wednesday, March 24th.