HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an intern to work in our Harper and HarperWave editorial departments this summer!
Harper publishes best-selling, news-making, award-winning fiction and nonfiction. Memoirs, biographies, narrative nonfiction, history, sports, literary fiction, thrillers, and contemporary women's fiction.
HarperWave publishes health, wellness, and lifestyle books that offer the best thinking from top doctors, scientists, practitioners and writers in their fields.
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid, remote, 10-week program which runs from June 7th through August 13th. All interns work 28 hours per week. As a HarperCollins intern, you will learn about the entire publishing process - following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in our weekly Speaker Series. There are plenty of opportunities to network with your fellow interns, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called “How to Get a Job in Publishing” – offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking. The recruitment team is searching for applicants who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to – applications without cover letters will not be considered.
You can submit up to five different cover letters at a time by uploading them to your profile and naming them after the positions.
- Reviews and integrates author feedback on copyedited manuscript, designed pages, and jacket mechanical.
- Drafts reprint correction requests.
- Liaises with publicity and marketing to pull or prep materials, as needed.
- Must be looking for a full-time role/eligible to work in a full-time capacity in 2021/2022
- Applicants must be eligible to work and be paid in the United States
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong writing skills
- A sense of eagerness and the ability to take initiative and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- An interest in a variety of genres including fiction and health/wellness
- Applications MUST have a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Note: The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EDT on Wednesday, March 24th.