Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Hershey Company is seeking a talented communications professional to join the Corporate Communications team. This role will be responsible for communications strategic planning and execution internally and externally, collaborating with business partners and other communications team members to execute key priorities and initiatives for the company and department. The role requires previous experience working on an entire life cycle of a project, from planning through content creation, distribution to target audiences and measurement of impact. The successful candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills needed to cultivate trust and accountability with business partners, teammates and media. Initial responsibilities will include messaging development and delivery within Supply Chain, ESG and International.
- Develops communications assets (i.e., plans, releases, blogs, social copy, videos and images, website) for communications projects strategies
- Enters and manages content in editorial calendar and planning tool to ensure consistency and execution
- Partners with visual communications and editorial managers to align content with visual identity and content standards
- Manages content alignment and approval with subject experts, business leaders and/or communications leaders
- Reviews media reports and online news stories and circulates “hot topics” to stakeholders and business clients when needed
- Creates and distributes reporting analysis dashboards on events and situations and uses to anticipate needs and improvements
Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Works effectively to balance corporate priorities, business partner requests and needs and pairs with best practices, competing and changing priorities, resources, and time demands to successfully develop and execute impactful communications strategies
- Proactively raises concerns regarding possible project management roadblocks and provides solutions
- Works as part of an editorial team to contribute to company narrative, key messages and corporate communications goals
- Meets with key stakeholders to conduct after-action project reviews and activate process improvements
- Draws on stakeholder understanding to advise business partners on optimal message content and timing for different stakeholder segments
Coordination and Message Consistency
- Proactively seeks guidance from stakeholder specialists to determine potential consequences of messaging strategies
- Coordinates with team members to ensure consistent message timing internally and externally
- Contributes to developing and managing relationships with key media channels, reporters and influencers
- Leads writing, pitching and updates with reporters on owned projects
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, public policy, social sciences or other associated major.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in communications, ideally corporate or agency.
- Experience in the following areas would be advantageous: corporate communications, ESG and policy communications, public policy, marketing, or media relations
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans