POSITION SUMMARY: The Municipal Administrator organizes and leads efforts to assist in the execution and delivery of municipal contract obligations (or differentiators), while representing Republic Services favorably in the community. The Municipal Administrator works closely with the Manager, Municipal Sales to ensure that non-selling responsibilities that stem directly from commitments made by Republic Services within municipal contracts are addressed and delivered to the customer. The Municipal Administrator frequently interacts with Municipal staff, to ensure monthly compliance with contract obligations and deliverables.
- Manages the creation and distribution of monthly reports to the local management team, and municipal customers where required by contract, on the effectiveness of Republic Services’ contract and initiatives.
- Manages the creation and distribution of Annual Reports for top municipal contracts in the business unit, which highlight key metrics, contributions and services delivered during the year to the municipality.
- Coordinates and assists in the creation of all communications, programs, outreach, marketing materials and reports that are directly related to assigned contracts.
- Oversees community outreach and public education events, as required per contract.
- Plans programs that promote good will and fosters relationships with community leaders in cities where Republic Services currently conducts business and in communities where Republic is looking to expand or gain new business. This may include supervision of the charitable contributions program, including coordination of the approval process, screening requests for financial support and ensuring the disbursement of funds.
- Manages all activities within local budget objectives.
- Acts as the lead for customer interaction and planning for marketing efforts for Republic Services into the contracted municipalities that the Administrator is assigned, which may include but is not limited to newsletters, bill stuffers, mailers, or public education campaigns.
- If applicable, works with the Corporate Web Administrator to manage the local Republic Services website(s) for required contracts to support and educate the community on special events, recycling programs and initiatives and company products and services.
- Performs other job- related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field is preferred.
- Experience with marketing plans and development activities.
- Experience with project and/or contract management.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in customer development, customer service, marketing, or sales.
- Understanding and experience utilizing market communication tools; including social media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Office based programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Ability to manager several different projects at one time.
- Ability to create clear, concise detail oriented plans and complete tasks by assigned deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to interact with and present to the public, municipal customers and company management on a variety of business issues.
- Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to Company.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.