Sales Representative, Orthopedic Animal Health - 00002789
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
The SECUROS Orthopedic Sales Specialist is responsible generating sales of products and equipment to both existing veterinarians and new customers within an assigned sales territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell orthopedic products to large surgical specialty practices within the assigned region
- Travel with MWI sales representatives, target specialty practices and convert business to SECUROS products
- Train sales representatives how to use SECUROS products to ’Open Doors’ to follow-on sales for the more broad MWI product portfolio
- Support MWI Regional Manager and staff at regional sales meetings
- Support SECUROS wet lab staff on an ‘as needed basis’ for wet labs within the region
- Act as a product expert within the region
- Sell SECUROS surgical instruments and suture as complimentary to the orthopedic line
- Provide answers to technical questions regarding SECUROS products via telephone and/or emails within the region
- Report marketing and sales field intelligence to the SECUROS home office
- Provide bid information to ISRs and the SECUROS team, as appropriate
- Follow up consignment account issues, contracts, as well as bids/ quotes within the region
- Conduct inventory audits within the region to support SECUROS marketing programs
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record converting competitive business
- 3 years’ experience selling in the surgical operating room
- Knowledge of orthopedic products and procedures is beneficial
- 4 years college degree in science or business
- Experience with the veterinary market
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to project a monthly sales plan within a sales region
- Computer skills and efficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of social media
- Strong telephone selling skills to compliment personal selling activities
- Ability to deliver well written, comprehensive and timely call reports
- Inventory management skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Speak Effectively : Speaks effectively in individual or group situations (e.g., meetings, presentations, interviews) including appropriate nonverbal communications; able to recognize and present information to others; recognizes different methods for communicating the same information and selects the best method; strives for positive high impact delivery.
Customer Service : Is customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and priorities; establishes effective working relationships with customers and gains their respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on customer needs.
Know the Organization : Understands the company’s objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization.
Know the Customer and the Market : Knows customers in the market territory; keeps up to date on key competitors; understands and is responsive to the needs and expectations of relevant customer segments; establishes effective working relationships with customers to gain respect and loyalty; identifies opportunities presented by changes and shifts in the marketplace.
Build Quality Service : Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.
Know the Product : Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and administering products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the organization.
Maintain Technological Expertise : Keeps informed of technological advances affecting the industry; recognizes/identifies appropriate and effective technological applications for use by the company; applies internal technology to effective advantage.
Demonstrate Interpersonal Skills : Communicates in an open, straight forward, honest and respectful style; checks for message clarity; understands the effect the communication style has on others, including nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety of communication preferences and needs of others.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
122 Rose Ln, Suite 405
United States-California-Burlingame, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-West Sacramento, United States-Texas-El Paso, United States-California-Oakland, United States-Texas-Wichita Falls, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Florida-Miami, United States-Texas-Dalhart, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Texas-Tyler, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-California-Montclair, United States-Texas-Amarillo, United States-Texas-Harlingen, United States-Florida-Panama City Beach, United States-Florida-Sunrise, United States-California-Carlsbad, United States-California-Thousand Oaks, United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-California-Orange, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-California-Cypress, United States-Texas-Dumas, United States-Texas-Sugar Land, United States-Florida-Longwood, United States-Florida-Ocala, United States-Texas-The Woodlands, United States-Florida-Sarasota, United States-California-Anaheim Hills, United States-California-Fresno, United States-Florida-Fort Lauderdale, United States-Florida-Boca Raton, United States-Florida-Palm Harbor, United States-California-Corona, United States-Texas-Lubbock, United States-California-Remote, United States-Texas-Frisco, United States-Texas-Waco, United States-Florida-Naples, United States-California-Solona Beach, United States-Texas-Roanoke, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-Florida-Remote
Acquisition - MWI