As a Media Relations Manager, you will create media and public relations strategy for Cerner Government Services informed by competitive research, industry trends, benchmarking, audience identification and collaboration across the business. Reporting to the Director of Industry Positioning, you will have the opportunity to prepare comprehensive and strategic communication plans across appropriate platforms and manage editorial calendar. You will work to compliment Cerner Corporation’s national media strategy, leverage existing relationships as well as build news and social media relationships with particular focus on Washington, D.C. market to broaden substantive earned media opportunities. Additional responsibilities include creation and curation of communications including white papers, articles, op-eds, web pages, social media, presentations and other communications collateral; develop and deploy a strategy to leverage content and use in various mediums while assuring the communication of a consistent and uniform message; and collaborate with leaders and peers to gain strong understanding of media relations goals and objectives.
Back to Description
Cerner Jobs and Careers
Sales, Marketing & Strategy
Whether your strength lies in sales, relationship management, marketing or strategy, you will be driving positive change by communicating the value of solutions that help solve the world’s most complex health challenges.
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration, Communications
- At least 5 years business writing or business communications work experience
- At least 1 year people management work experience
- At least 3 years of experience with national and healthcare trade media publications and building strong relationships with reporters
- At least 5 years of media relations, government or business communication work experience
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.