Digital Marketing Specialist
WASTE CONNECTIONS, (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in the U.S. and Canada. Our employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Waste Connections is currently looking for a Digital Marketing Coord to work out of our Region Office in Knoxville, TN.
Waste Connections is looking for a talented Digital Marketing Coord to join the team – someone who is ready to blaze a trail and think outside the box on the way we design, implement, and utilize marketing tactics on digital platforms. We need you to use your marketing savvy and technical expertise to execute company best practices to align marketing outreach, recruiting efforts, and customer service solutions.
The Digital Marketing Coord will be responsible for all digital tools to include: needs assessment, new system implementation or enhancement of existing systems, cost/benefit analysis, strategy, content campaigns, product launches, and more. This role will enhance Waste Connections’ marketing efforts by facilitating accurate, compelling, and relevant content for individual districts as well as ensuring the best use of current technology.
Our Customer Service Implementation Specialist will be a critical resource for our Eastern Region Districts, responsible for editing and publishing content for multiple local district websites as well as applying emerging methodologies to Waste Connections’ ongoing digital & mobile strategy.
- Enhance the Waste Connections web presence to boost brand awareness, while ensuring brand consistency.
- Identify and champion new tools, channels, and research to support business objectives.
- Leverage data analytics and evaluate results to monitor KPIs.
- Provide training and coaching for team members in the field to educate how to perpetually update and keep strategy current and fresh.
- Coordinate approval and execution of service contracts with vendors, district and region level management, and other departments as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with local district leaders and existing vendors.
- Collaborate with business managers to develop strategic initiatives.
- When needed, facilitate site visits within the region territory to train, coach, and mentor district support person.
- Develop standards, processes, and best practices for content creation and maintenance.
- Perform site reviews to ensure most current and relevant content is being advertised.
- Analyze and interpret existing digital platform analytics and facilitate adjustments to improve customer experience and build a robust future sales pipeline.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Programming, Information Technology or related field required.
Other Skills/Abilities Preferred
- Effective communication skills for business partners, project team members, and senior level management.
- Outstanding relationship building skills.
- Understanding of the full funnel impact of digital efforts.
- Adept at targeting relevant audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of systems development, implementation, coding, and technical writing experience.
- Overall understanding of technology concepts, trends, and capabilities with ability to quickly apply to the organization's environment and direction.
- Demonstrate understanding of web technologies, content management platforms, digital marketing tools, website analytic platforms, and social media.
- Managed services, business to business preferred.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement with company match, and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).