At IHS Markit, we’re changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500. In our Engineering and Product Design business line, we leverage advanced technology to connect trusted knowledge to customers’ workflows; mitigating risk, increasing efficiency and accelerating innovation. This business line is currently in need of a principal product manager with go-to-market expertise.
As the Principal GTM Product Manager based in the USA, you will bring passion, curiosity, collaboration, insight and clarity to developing the validated plans for successfully launching new solutions in the marketplace. You will develop insight into different channels and segments, identify gaps and opportunities for each new strategic solution offering. You will build plans to deliver solutions tailored to specific target markets, including bundling or pricing structures and any adjustments to sales approach needed to grow our business in specific market segment and channels.
The GTM product manager works with a mission-critical team that drives commercialization of our solutions. This role develops a strategic plan encompassing the major tactics and resources that a company will use to release, promote, and sell the solution, including details about pricing, sales and distribution channels, marketing, and promotion. This individual partners with product teams, sales, marketing and other groups to provide buyer-friendly explanations of solution offerings. The ideal candidate must be a motivated leader who thrives on Go to Market excellence.
- Define, solution, and deliver extraordinary GTM experiences by working closely with our sales, pre-sales, marketing and customer experience teams to bring to life best-in-class buyer experiences
- Create global GTM strategies that drive the biggest impact on the business and value to the customer
- Manage GTM rollout to ensure consistent execution of the selling / buying process from ideation to launch
- Build customer success stories across a variety of mediums (video, blogs, events, case studies, webinars, social media, etc.) and handle promotion
- Capture the value of our solutions through competitive market positioning leveraging customer use of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the differentiated positioning of our solutions
- Work with marketing to develop the assets to support GTM strategy
- Manage competing priorities, build strong relationships, and operate effectively across the organization to achieve results
- Actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic understanding of complex product portfolio and company direction
- Drive executive review and sign-off, implement the strategy and track the performance
Experience & Competencies Required:
- 5 years of GTM product management experience or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs, including product managing initial market launch of one or multiple products
- Phenomenal communicator and storyteller at all levels in the organization, and you possess strong written English language skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and data analysis skills
- Passionate self-starter with a no-excuses, can-do attitude
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Be curious and have a strong desire to learn and adapt
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $91,080 and $120,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.