Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Design and develop our next generation server responsible for mapping data retrieved from our proprietary metadata storage technology into a usable and elegant application infrastructure. Because our system is metadata driven, server engineers are completely focused on building a high performing infrastructure leaving the application business logic in the capable hands of application developers.
Curious, and can cover the requirements below? Give us a shout!
- Work closely with Product Management to define new application framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to front end technology.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Have fun engineering software.
- 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Java, XML, Spring are required.
- Utilizing JUnit, or JMock
- Solid grasp and fluent in common Design Patterns
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment.
- Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.