Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team:
Workday Extend empowers our customers to expand the business capabilities of Workday by building on our existing technologies. Mission of the Metrics and Monitoring team is to provide observability infrastructure for our customers and developers. This encompasses tools for logging to simplify their implementation, monitoring to determine the health of their applications, and analytics to understand their usage.
About the Role:
- Work in a multidisciplinary team delivering core and critical features for Workday Extend
- Independently implement features or prototypes, include providing documentation and detailed design
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and performance testing
- Occasionally develop frontend software using modern UI frameworks
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Work on an Agile Scrum team that delivers on shared commitments
- Drive and support innovation
- Understand and promote industry best practice
- 3-5+ years overall experience developing software products required
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and design patterns
- Experience delivering back-end services in microservice or event-driven architectures
- Experience with version control technologies such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Some front-end experience in developing cross-platform web applications such as React.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excited and passionate to learn new technologies and skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in observability technologies (Elasticsearch, Beats, Logstash, OpenTelemetry)
- Experience in cloud native architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm, Envoy)
- Experience in AWS technologies (Lambda, S3, Kinesis)
- Experience in Scala, Kotlin, Golang, REST