Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a Front-End Developer that is passionate about building delightful user experiences that enhance customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have strong design skills and an understanding of what makes a user interface engaging and intuitive. Most importantly, we are looking for a creative, technically strong, hands-on engineer, with an eye for user interface (UI) design, who has the desire to build new web applications from the ground up, maintain/extend existing web applications, take ownership for the code they write, and take pride in overall product and code quality.
- Collaborate with UX Design Lead, project managers and back-end developers to implement cutting-edge front-end solutions.
- Work in an open and agile environment, iterating quickly and often to arrive at the best solutions that make our products better for our users.
- Drive adoption of unified design systems and provide front-end coding expertise across the organization.
- Develop high quality, maintainable software that is suitable for production deployment in mission-critical environments.
Education & Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or relevant discipline
- Certification related to application programming and database is highly desirable
- Degree/Certification in Graphic Design
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of work experience with a focus on user interface (UI) development/front-end enablement.
- Experience with REST web service development
- Be up to date on the latest industry trends to anticipate future growth opportunities and needs
- Discerning eye for detailed design and the ability to translate mockups to UI implementation
- Ability to deliver quality in an Agile environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development (take full ownership of our code and its quality.)
- Solid understanding of using Git, GitHub, and continuous integration tools.
- Sample work in an online portfolio or email attachment is a plus
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, self-direct and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent team player
- Willing to travel to other Trilliant offices on occasion