POSITION SUMMARY: The Front End Developer serves as a technical resource on the Digital development team (Web & Mobile) and participates in all phases of the development life cycle. The Front End Developer analyzes complex business and technical problems and will shape and deliver the Company’s new e-commerce platform. The Front End Developer analyzes, configures and tunes the front end web application and is considered to have advanced knowledge on web technologies. The Front End Developer also adheres to and enforces software development standards and general best practices for web development.
- Participates in the development of the next generation of responsive e-commerce web applications.
- Designs and develops new web and content modules that can be reused throughout the company.
- Builds web applications that are heavily dependent on APIs.
- Stays current on relevant technology that is used or can be used in the Company’s applications.
- Works cross-functionally with various teams including Integration, QA, Operations and the business to help drive results forward.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- In depth understanding of and experience in developing highly transactional, mission critical applications.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.