Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. provides its CourseLeaf software to more than 430 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, and student course search requirements.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Leepfrog software and how it can be configured, customized and implemented to meet client requirements.
- Coordinate and work with clients to develop templates in CourseLeaf. This includes:
- Limited graphic design.
- Modifying templates and styles.
- Recommending layout, formatting, and design options.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs for their catalog and curriculum requirements, make recommendations and potentially implement efficiencies within CourseLeaf.
- Maintain outstanding customer service relationship with clients.
- Periodically evaluate processes, amend and revise as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur.
- Adheres to prescribed deadlines.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
- Advanced understanding of responsive design techniques.
- Advanced browser compatibility experience.
- Experience working with accessibility requirements (Section 508 and/or WCAG).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with:
- CSS, HTML, and SASS
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Strong client orientation: ability to understand client requests and translate them into configuration and customization options/plans.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: analyze situations quickly and react appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic: be a self-starter with strong initiative; be reliable.
- Teamwork: demonstrated ability to interact effectively with others.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. High level of internet literacy required with strong knowledge of web systems, tools, and applications. Customer service skills are required.
Generally, this position is considered sedentary and will be faced with regular interruptions. The Front-End Web Developer will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.