Who we are
We’re a visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com.
Where we are
We have offices all over the world, from London to New York, from Pisa to Sydney. We are an incredible melting pot of cultures working together to solve complex problems.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to join a new project within ION aimed at disrupting the way our customers operate on financial markets.
- In-depth 'on-the-job' and structured training so you can become an effective innovator.
- Mentoring from senior professionals.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A full-time, permanent contract with the possibility to work remotely.
- A combination of experienced professionals and younger talents distributed around the world.
- A mix of software engineers, developers, designers, product and project managers, and domain specialists.
- Led by a group of visionary leaders with unrivaled track record in creating disruptive products for financial institutions.
Hard skills we look for and help our people develop
- Functional programming.
- Object-oriented programming, OODP
- Test Driven Development tools and practices.
- Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban).
- Source control systems and best practices.
- One or more among the following frameworks: AngularJS, React, HTML5, CSS
Soft skills we look for and help our people develop
- Be entrepreneurial: Able to connect dots, synthesize information, motivated to achieve, be resourceful, have enthusiasm and lateral thinking.
- Be imaginative: Apply intelligence effectively, conceptualized, exercise kaizen, learn broadly and deeply.
- Be a team player: Be likeable and disarm others, relate to people, have a desire to contribute, be persuasive and assertive.
- Be rigorous: Be rational, able to ask for help or escalate queries, have humility and an open mind, and think analytically.
- Think long term: Cope with pressure, develop people, have pride, inspire trust, be reliable, and persevere.
- You are dynamic, energetic, and passionate about technology.
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. You might have already started your career in software.
- You are a quick and continuous learner.
- If you are from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.
- You must live within a commutable distance from Pisa or Milan or Turin. This role is partially remote and can work-from-home when not needed to be in our Company's offices.
- You must be willing to travel.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
This company is hiring for this role at multiple locations.