We are looking for intermediate and entry-level back-end software engineers with a serious commitment to energy systems modeling to join our team in Boulder, CO. If you want to help shape a new future of a cleaner andmore cost-effective energy supply and work with an industry-leading software company with dedicated and talented people who are passionate about our future,this could be a great fit.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative“green tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend's solutions providethe analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com
As a Software Engineer at Ascend Analytics, you will be part of a collaborative team for advancing software solutions and analytics to support the clean-tech power revolution. Your strong software engineering skills will support mission critical decision analytics for renewable and battery storage power providers around the globe. Responsibilities include integrating mathematical model prototypes into back-end applications, developing data pipelines, unit tests and deployment packages, formatting and rendering of graphical user displays, and refactoring code for improved performance and scalability. Familiarity with Azure cloud services and toolkits is strongly preferred.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Support and advance back-end software applications by
- Writing clean, scalable, production code
- Developing automatic test and deployment scripts
- Integrating and formatting graphical user displays and dashboards
- Integrating and generalizing prototype mathematical models within production software
- Performing peer code reviews andassessments
This position involves working collaboratively both within your software team and outside with the front-end software engineers, mathematical modelers, and the technical sales team. The software development team follows an agile scrum process and all team members are expected to contribute to technical design reviews, implementation strategies, and sprint planning.
Skills & Preferred Knowledge
- Familiarity or exposure to cloud computing platforms and ecosystems, e.g., Azure, AWS
- Data Science, including statistics, machine learning, data visualization
- Referential databases such asOracle, MySQL and SQL Server
- Ability to communicate with impact and confidence, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills and work ethic
- Knowledge of wholesale electricity markets
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Data/Information Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or Power Systems
- Demonstrated academic or professional software coding experience in one or more of Python (including Numpy, Sympy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas), PHP, Ruby, .NET, Java, C++, MATLAB
Negotiable based on qualificationsand experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average. We offer flexible work hours with a relaxed environment andopportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits are available, includingmedical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan. Ascend values their employees' overall well-being and we contribute a monthly stipend to any gym membership our employees choose. Ascend Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment forall employees.
Please submit your resume, transcripts and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are a great fit!