At least 7+ years of experience building successful production software systems. and/or developing large scale web applications
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
Proficiency in developing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++, or Scala. Experience with Java Spring is a plus.
Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
Digital and Emerging Payments (DEP) Org in Consumer Payments is chartered to innovate on behalf of our customers in emerging markets and for digital businesses worldwide n the payments space. We are building a tech team to build innovative payment products for customers in emerging markets and are looking for talented SDEs and SDMs to join our journey.
As an SDE with DEP, you will participate in designing appropriate technical solutions for business functions being automated using scalable technologies available in Amazon. You should be able to explore existing systems for reuse and guide the team in designing new systems with appropriate technology preferably scalable Native AWS technologies. You will work with product managers, SDE 3s and Principal engineers in designing, coding and delivering the solution.
Master’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
This company is hiring for this role at multiple locations.