- Experience with object-oriented design
- Must be unemployed for 1+ years
- Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Open to relocate to New York
This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Global Advertising Partner Development team helps suppliers, agencies, marketers, authors, content creators, designers, non-endemic advertisers and developers to scale their use of Amazon Advertising and grow their business by surfacing a diverse selection of products to millions of worldwide Amazon customers. We do this via software tools and marketing/engagement programs that enable developers (internal and external) and partners (agencies and tool providers) to better serve advertiser needs.
- Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-set
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.