Founded in 2015, Smartcar is the leading developer platform for mobility businesses. We have raised $12 million in Seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. Our headquarters is located in Mountain View, California.
From auto insurance to fleet management, businesses of all kinds use our APIs to verify vehicle mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, and track fleets. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace Turo, the auto insurance provider Paydrive, and the electricity provider Krafthem use our platform to build and scale their mobility services.
By making it easy to connect to their customers’ vehicles, Smartcar allows these companies to focus on what’s important: building the future of mobility.
This is a California-based remote role.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Develop and improve REST API backends to serve requests for vehicle data or actions
- Triage bugs discovered in the API platform through error tracking and performance monitoring
- Contribute to planning and setting timelines for new projects based on business requirements
- Solicit input from teammates cross-functionally to understand scope and priority of features being built
- Implement metrics instrumentation and error tracking into all new features to measure their usage and reliability
- Thoroughly test code through automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Verify feature usage through testing in local, staging, and production environments
Who You Are
- 1-2 years experience building web applications or backend systems
- Have previously worked with SQL databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience using modern back-end frameworks such as Express (Node.js), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), or Django (Python)
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.