The Red Hat Customer Portal Front-End Development team is looking for a Drupal Developer to join our team in the U.S. In this role, you will work as a member of a small team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining web applications deployed on the Red Hat Developers Program site. You’ll also help develop and maintain our library of UI components used throughout the Red Hat web properties. You'll write code, review pull requests, fix bugs, and experience agile development while using some of the latest Drupal and front-end technologies. You'll need to be someone who is smart, friendly, collaborative, curious, and passionate about Drupal and front-end development. The Red Hat office in Raleigh is the preferred work location; however, well-qualified home-based engineers will also be considered to work remotely.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Develop, support, and maintain web applications on the Red Hat Developers Program site
- Develop and contribute to Drupal modules
- Build and theme Drupal templates
- Develop components for our web component library
- Ensure feasibility of UI and UX designs
- Collaborate with back end developers to build data models
- Review and test code with team members
- Communicate and demo new applications and features with stakeholders
- 3+ years of web development experience required
- 2+ years of application development experience required
- Proficient with Drupal 9
- Proficient understanding of web standards, semantic HTML markup, and CSS
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards
- Proficient with building progressive web applications and general understanding of progressive enhancement methodology
- Proficient understanding of unit testing and end-to-end testing with tools like Mocha, Chai, Selenium, and BrowserStack
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Understanding of web components
- Understanding of browser differences and how to overcome them
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Red Hat Software