ROLE LOCATION: As a global team, we aim to have associates be able to work from anywhere. However, there may be some situations where relocation will be required. The location of the positions and whether or not relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply. All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
The Package-less (Freestyle) team is looking for a Director of Application Development to manage our dispenser software platform. Freestyle Dispensers represent the convergence of the latest cloud, web, IoT and embedded technologies in an award-winning device used by millions of people every single day.
Our software enables our next generation of Coca-Cola Freestyle dispensers and is built on Linux with a Java/Spring container and a HTML front-end. By using restful APIs to receive commands from our HTML layer we can communicate desired drink recipes to the embedded code which drive pumps that mix and create beverages in real time. Data from the device is also fed into a cloud-based ecosystem that drives improved reliability and delivers operational excellence.
As Director of Application Development, you will lead the software team and be accountable for delivery of all java software on the dispenser and integration to the broader ecosystem (Content Management, Device Management, Production Support Tools and Content/Software delivery). You will work closely with the Platform Owner, Quality Assurance, Embedded Software, Fluidics, and Project teams.
This is a Director level position with a team of developers, but the expectation is that you will be hands on and coding 50% of the time. You will also be doing peer-review of your team’s code to ensure adherence to our standards and practices. For that reason, you must have strong technical background, feel comfortable architecting and developing critical components in the system.
We are looking for inquisitive individuals who are not afraid to ask questions of others to gain knowledge.
Requirement: 4-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar. 15+ years of proven test driven, development experience and at least 5+ years-experience leading development teams to deliver products. Team player with excellent communication, documentation and writing abilities. Required skills are IoT, Java, Spring, Linux, Git, REST, HTTP, JIRA, Maven, and Swagger. Candidates will be rigidly screened and asked to write code during the interview.
- Lead and collaborate with your peers to design and implement software that will run on embedded hardware within the dispenser.
- Contribute to the development of our tools, including simulators, sniffers, remote debugging capabilities and hardware diagnostics
- Lead the design and implementation of new features from our business units
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to validate functionality across all dispenser models in the fleet
- Collaborate with the hardware and embedded teams to translate new hardware and capabilities into customer features.
- Support our efforts to fully automate dispenser testing.
- Establish and maintain the application development environment standards, coding standards and established patterns. Consistently peer review and communicate/correct coding deficiencies.
- Orchestrate the deployment of resources within the development team as well as coordinate with other teams such as Quality Assurance, Project and Embedded to ensure successful and on-time project completion.
- Follow Agile methodology to estimate and execute against a fixed, quarterly software development and testing release schedule
- Ensure team supplies story points to intake items
- Support field issues to successful conclusion.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.