About The Giving Block:
We make it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We work with 120+ nonprofits and have processed millions of dollars in cryptocurrency donations.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
Calling all Backend Developers: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that’s making cryptocurrency accessible for nonprofits? If you’re an experienced backend developer then come work with us!
With more projects on our roadmap than ever before we’re ramping up our development efforts once again. This candidate will have the opportunity to help build out our core technology and integrate with nonprofit and crypto industry leading products. This role will work closely with the co-founders to design and build new features and integrations for some of the largest nonprofit organizations in the world. As with most startups, your work will vary day to day, so no two days will be the same. If it’s a good fit, you will have the opportunity for leadership roles.
Join us to create the future of giving.
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Experience & Skills:
- Backend developer with 5+ years of experience in NodeJS
- Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or nonprofits (but not required)
- System Design
- SQL Databases
- Nice to have: experience with TS as we use it on the backend
- Work with founders and senior leadership to bring ideas to life
- Continue developing the core product and infrastructure
- Integrations with our ecosystem partners (CRMs, payment processors and fundraising platforms)
Why Should I Work at The Giving Block?
- Great Work Environment (if local): Our office is in a blockchain co-working space. Espresso, red bull, beer, wine, rooftop and a gym. You get the idea.
- Note: Half of our team is Washington DC based, while half is distributed globally
- Community: Whether you’re local or remote, become part of a larger blockchain community. We’re also running a blockchain incubator with 8 other startups so you get to meet people working on other cool projects in the industry.
- Flexibility: Work wherever, whenever — Working with us means working locally or remotely, whether you prefer working at home, at our office or maybe even a coffee shop; you’ll have the freedom to work wherever you want. Plus, we offer flexibility for our team. If you prefer to work late into the night, or need to work around childcare then that’s no problem. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
- Mission: We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology.